Friday, March 15, 2013

I’m turning 27 and I’m okay with that

I turn 27 on Sunday and I’m okay with that.  Totally okay with it.  I’m definitely not going to freak out like last year!  I’ve come a long way…

Here’s are some things I’ve done at some point in the last year that mean I’m finally beginning to act like an adult:

  • Paid a bill before it was overdue
  • Compared prices on health insurance
  • Added water to a bottle of washing-up liquid to extend it’s shelf-life
  • Patted a passing child on the head for no apparent reason
  • Called to ‘confirm’ an appointment
  • Took out the rubbish by myself
  • Complained about ‘kids nowadays’
  • Set aside a stick specifically to stir paint with
  • Assigned hoovering to a certain day of the week
  • Asked somebody what the ‘cool’ radio station is
  • Saved TESCO coupons up for a ‘rainy day’ (actually saved anything up for a ‘rainy day’)
  • Did a ‘clean-up’ before taking holidays
  • Took my parents out for dinner
  • Tidied the ‘arts and crafts’ cupboard (or had an ‘arts and crafts’ cupboard to begin with)
  • Wiped a runny nose without throwing up afterwards

I could have made a list of things I’ve done that mean I’m still acting like a childish fool, but that would have taken a lot longer! 

Anyway, happy birthday to me and my sister, Fiona!  Cheers to another year of sometimes acting our age and sometimes acting our shoe size.

 

11 comments:

Linda said...

Happy birthday, Thelma! May the coming year bring you joy!

Ana Valeria said...

Happy B-day! almost!!! have an amazing day! you deserve it!!! Congrats you beautiful gal!
♥♥
XOXO

www.ohmycaramel.blogspot.mx

MARTA said...

Happy Birthday Thelma! I hope you enjoy your day to the max.. Un beso fuerte desde Barcelona :*

Unknown said...

happy birthday!!!! hope you have an awesome one and many many more to come, enjoy!
p.s.... patted a kid's head haha that sure means you're an oldie now :p/// kidding..I'm turning 27 this year too.. it's all in the mind.. the body grows but the mind stays as young and wild or childish or mature as you want it to be

Elle Sees said...

happy happy birthday!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday, Thelma!! I hope it's a great one.

p.s.: I would be totally okay with 27, too. ;)

Marina said...

I am just little bit late.. buuut HAPPY BIRTHDAY :) I will be 27 in about a month!

Anonymous said...

Hello! Quick question that's totally off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My site looks weird when browsing from my iphone 4. I'm trying to find a template or plugin that might be able to resolve this
problem. If you have any recommendations, please share. Thanks!


Also visit my blog post; michael kors chain tote

Gloria said...

Haha I complain about "kids nowadays" all the time :-) Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

Unknown said...

Hope you had an amazing birthday Thelma and that the year ahead is the best one yet! X

Erica said...

LOL! Just wait until you hit 30! ;)