Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Birthday Balloon Surprise

This is an awesome thing Lucy and Marie did for my birthday!

P1100130

The night before the big day, they snuck down to my apartment and taped black plastic (from bin liners) to the sides of my apartment door, creating a giant ‘pocket’ on the outside.  Then they filled the cavity between the door and the plastic with 100 balloons and a ‘Happy Birthday’ message.

P1100124

As I rushed out the door to work on the morning of my birthday, 100 colourful balloons cascaded on top of me!  It was the coolest thing!

P1100126

I never thought I’d say it while living here, but this might have been the best birthday EVER! 

They also made me my favourite chocolate brownies even though they have both given up chocolate for Lent.  They couldn’t even lick the spoon!  That.  is.  love.

Thank you girls so much xx

11 comments:

Camila Faria said...

Oh, that's adorable! Your friends are the best!

Erica said...

This is so fun. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Having great friends to celebrate with is the best. :)

The Dainty Dolls House said...

That's precious!! I'd love that. I'm glad you had such a fun birthday!! I hope all your wishes come true!! xx

Unknown said...

I'm so glad your birthday was so special xo

Elle Sees said...

oooh i want them to be my friends so i can have balloons! ;)
how sweet

trishie said...

What a wonderful surprise. Happy belated Birthday!

Ashley said...

hey, we're both march babies!! yay :)

Elsa de Diego said...

This is wonderful! Happy belated bday! Xo,

Unknown said...

cool! I hope you enjoyed your day, happy birthday!

Thelma Frayne said...

Thank you all xo

oomph. said...

so sweet of them!! glad you had a nice birthday :)

[oomph.]
mobile morsels