Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Red lips

I've shyed away from red lips for quite a while, but last halloween red lipstick was an essential part of my sailor costume (scary, I know!). I surprised myself by loving it and now I've come to this conclusion:

Red lipstick is magic.

Its gives an instant glamour and can lift an otherwise boring black ensemble (of which I own a lot). It also eliminates the need for complicated eye make-up, thus cutting down on time needed to prepare for a night out.


The next time, I'll be focusing on achieving a flawless base (I recommend Laura Mercier secret camoflage concealer, Chanel Pro-Lumiere base and MAC Mineralise Skinfinish powder). If you need blush, I think a very neutral colour like Sienna's or a very small amount of bronzer works best (I like Georgio Armani in 04). All you need on your eyes is some black liner (I use Bobbi Brown Long Wear gel eyeliner in Black Ink, and find it easy to manage) and lashings of black mascara (try Dior Show if your budget will stretch). For the red lipstick itself, my favourite colour is Topshop's Rio Rio (you might remember from my Christmas Wishlist)- just apply to well moisturised lips and top with a clear gloss. MAGIC.

13 comments:

Collette Osuna said...

LOVE LOVE red lipstick:)

Stop by and say Hello:)
NEWS EDITOR for Style Sample Magazine♥

k said...

I still have never tried it! i better!

Susan said...

i love red lips :)

ellie said...

I wish I felt that bold for red lippy. Very cool and a Christmas look too.

Anonymous said...

I think red lipstick is fabulous---but I have to wear a red-brown because of my skin tone.

josephine said...

never shy away from the red! xx

Unknown said...

Red lips are a must. It's one of the best parts about being a lady!

*** said...

I love red lips - Sienna looks amazing in that photo!

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Thank you for recommeding the makeup products! I really need some suggestions! Love the Sienna Miller picture; so pretty! xoxoxoo

MARTA said...

I really like red lips, but I never knew how to work them out...I think New year's Eve will be a great occasion to follow your tips :)

helena said...

I LOVE RED LIPS.
The only thing is it doens't look good on me :(

x helena
www.snapme.org

Sara Lee Bentley said...

Sienna looks perfect with her red lipstick and nail polish. I love red lips too -- especially this time of year! :)

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

I lurrrve red lipstick. Red lipstick gives you that fully made up look without having to do your make up. I just can't get enough of my red liptstick. =)