Thursday, December 16, 2010

My day so far...

Arrive in work at 8.30am on. the. dot. Remove coat, hat and scarf.

Need to get a padded envelope. Trek all the way down to the warehouse. Walk past about 50 people on the way down. Walk past the same 50 people on the way back.

Now I need pritt stick- that's at my old desk. Dammit. Walk past 30 people on the way down. Walk past the same 30 people on the way back.

My interviewee arrives at 9.30am. Go to Reception, greet him and lead the way to the conference room. Conduct the interview and see him out.

Return to my desk. Stretch. Realise my dress is not zipped up at all at the back. Die of embarassment.

7 comments:

Annemarie said...

New to your blog and love it! Sounds like a hectic day! And not having your dress zipped up all the way is something I would do too! One time I was giving a speech in a board room and a button was completely open on my blouse! Why in the world no one told me is just beyond me! I almost died!

Unknown said...

Don't be embarrassed! If anyone asks tell them you planned on it! And honestly know that probably NO one even noticed. Really. And if anything, you’re really-really good looks distracted everyone from any "flaw" :)

Diana Mieczan said...

I totally agree with TayTalk...You should just say that its a fashion statement:)
Kissses, sweetie
Big hugs:)

Signe said...

Oh nooooooo! You poor thing! I can see why you would be embarrassed (and so would I!) but I am sure that not many noticed it, if it was totally obvious someone would have said something. Hopefully!

Wish you a happy weekend :)

Fashion Cappuccino said...

My work starts at 8:30AM too but I'm always late a few minutes :-). It's kind of funny how you walk back and forth to the same people; I do that when I have to drop off mail at the post office! It's funny! xoxoxoxoo

Fashion Geek chronicles said...

hahaha this sort of thing would happen to me, you'll be laughing in a few days im sure.

http://fashiongeekchronicles.blogspot.com/

Samantha said...

Oops! =(

What kind of job do you have?

Thanks for the blog comment, I'd love if you followed! :o)

-Samantha

http://thisfashionista.blogspot.com