Just for fun, let’s do this.
Write the down the first answer that comes to your mind. First comes the questions and then the meaning of your answers.
1. You are walking in the woods. Who are you walking with?
2. You see an animal. What kind of animal is it?
3. What interaction takes place between you and the animal?
4. You walk deeper into the woods. You enter a clearing and before you is your dream house. Describe its size.
5. Is your dream house open, or surrounded by a fence?
6. You enter the house. You walk to the dining area and see the dining room table. Describe what you see on and around the table.
7. You exit the house through the back door. Lying in the grass is a cup. What material is the cup made of (ceramic, glass, paper, etc.)?
8. What do you do with the cup?
9. You walk to the edge of the property, where you find yourself standing at the edge of a body of water. What type of body of water is it ?
10. How will you cross the water?
Meaning of your answers:
1. The person who you are walking with is the most important person in your life.
2. The size of the animal is representative of your perception of the size of your problems.
3. The severity of the interaction you have with the animal is representative of how you deal with your problems (passive, aggressive).
4. The size of your dream home is representative of the size of your ambition to resolve your problems.
5. No fence is indicative of an open personality. The presence of a fence is more indicative of a closed personality.
6. If your answer did not include food, people or flowers then you are generally unhappy.
7. The durability of the material with which the cup is made is representative of the perceived durability of your relationship with the person from number 1. For example, Styrofoam, plastic, and paper are disposable; Styrofoam, paper, and glass (ceramics) are not durable; and metal and plastic are durable.
8. Your disposition of the cup is representative of your attitude toward the person in number 1.
9. The size of the body of water is representative of the size of your sexual desire.
10. How wet you get in crossing the water is indicative of the relative importance of your sex life.
My friend, Lucy sent this to me, second-guessing (mostly correctly) what I would answer. I don’t think any of it can be very accurate. At least I hope not.
I was walking alone, encountered a deer and watched it dart in the opposite direction. My dream home was a tiny cabin without a fence. The table was full of stacks of paper and books (!). The cup was made of porcelain and I kicked it aside. For number 9, I wrote down a massive lake (ha!) and I canoed across.
How about you? Did you play?