Monday, November 11, 2013

Bed, Bath & Beyond

I guess what scares me about marriage is ‘where do you find this person?’  You know a lot of times, most successful relationships, people meet through work, school, mutual friends.  But what’s most interesting to me is when people just meet in life, just randomly. You know, I have a friend, he got married, I asked him like  “Hey, uh, where’d you meet your wife?”  He was like “I was leaving Bed, Bath & Beyond. I was looking for my car - I drive a grey Prius. I saw a different grey Prius, I thought it was mine, I walked up to it, I realized I had the wrong car, but I bumped into Carol, we started talking, that was that”. That’s unbelievable. Think about all the random factors that had to come together to make this one moment possible - this one moment that changed these two people’s entire lives:  First off, this guy has to live in this particular town. Then he has to get a grey Prius. Then he has to need to go to Bed, Bath & Beyond. Then he has to go to that particular Bed, Bath & Beyond. Then there has to be another guy who also lives in town, also drives a grey Prius, also needs to go to Bed, Bath & Beyond, also goes to that particular Bed, Bath & Beyond at around the same time. Then they have to both park somewhat near each other, my friend has to leave before the other guy leaves, see the wrong Prius, think it’s his, walk up to it. Then the woman, Carol, needs to be near the wrong grey Prius for a million other random reasons. They bump into each other, they start talking, their entire lives are changed. That’s the most amazing and terrifying thing about life. It is, cause the amazing thing is that at any moment, any one of us can have that moment that totally changes our lives.  You could be leaving the show tonight, bump into someone… it could change your life.  You don’t know, that could happen.  The terrifying thing is… what if we’re all supposed to be at Bed Bath & Beyond right now?”

— Aziz Ansari

4 comments:

Unknown said...

one might think there are no coincidences?... it all happens for a reason?.... I guess we really will never know..BUT it is fun to think there is some kind of magic behind these things.. at least I like to think so as that... interesting post.. It left me thinking some stuff... take care!

Melissa Blake said...

You took the words right out of my mouth...i wonder about this all the time!

Unknown said...

You're back, you're back! I'm thrilled x

Erin said...

I love Aziz. And I love BB&B, it's an overwhelming warehouse of everything you could ever possibly need. Including, it would seem, your future spouse. xo