5 things I’ve learned from job hunting:
- I’m supposed to have an objective reason for everything I do in life, in particular a reason why I moved to the UAE… and a reason why I came home. Because it felt right or because it was time does not seem to suffice.
- My Masters qualification is generally regarded by relatives as some kind of superpower that I stubbornly refuse to use.
- I don’t have any substantial evidence of the things I’m good at, except my own certainty that I’d undoubtedly excel at them if given that chance.
- There is a qualification for everything, and everyone else in the world has been secretly sneaking out at night and getting qualified in all manner of awesome things that I didn’t even know existed until now.
- I will never know if any given job is the right job for me until I’m working it. That’s when the career retrospectoscope will pronounce my decision right or wrong.