I was going to name this post The Tea Commandments. Oh, I’m chock full of great ideas. Anyway, without further ado…
1. Tea should (ideally) be made in a pot, not in a cup.
2. The loose tea version will always taste better than the bag version.
3. Dripping teapots are a way of life, for complicated scientific reasons you wouldn’t understand even if I tried to explain it to you.
4. Tea cosies do make a difference, but may not be worth the social stigma, particularly if they feature pictures of cats.
5. Thin-rimmed cups make tea taste better than thick ones.
6. Cardboard cups are never acceptable.
7. The milk should never go in the teacup first. That is so wrong.
8. Tea shall only be called tea if it is made with tea leaves. Peppermint tea is not tea.
9. Coffee is the work of Satan
10. If you make a perfect cup of tea, leave it at that. Don’t try for a second cup.