Saturday, May 28, 2011

Thing #3: Spend a rainy day watching movies in my pyjamas

If you are going to do this, do it right.  Follow my tips for the full therapeutic benefits of this kind of duvet-day:

  • Check the weather forecast to make sure the day you have planned will be rainy.  There is no pleasure in staying indoors while the sun is shining.
  • Schedule nothing else for this day.  Have your meals prepared (or order pizza?) and have plenty of snacks at hand.
  • Get the right mix of drama/ humour/ romance in your movie choices and maybe include 1-2 favourites that you know and love.
  • Shower in the morning and change into clean pyjamas.  This makes the day seem intentional and productive and you’ll feel less of a slob.

parisgirl interruptedgilbert grapechocolat

€5 has been donated to The Ride to Conquer Cancer for the completion of this ‘thing’- read about it and donate online by clicking here.

18 comments:

Rachel - Notes from my closet said...

Great tips! this is on my list too but I haven't had a free rainy day as yet... :)

Love, Vanilla

http://notesfrommycloset.blogspot.com/

Meleonieeee - ♥ said...

Oooh, awesome tips! Can't wait to have one of these once I've finished exams! Thanks for your comment too! xx

sheila @ elements said...

Sounds like a plan! We've had plenty of rainy days here, and stayin' indoors in pj's, watchin' films, and snackin' sounds like the perfect way to spend the day. But guess what...we have sun the next few days so that'll have to wait. Have a great weekend!!! sheila

Kristy said...

Super rainy day list! Mine usually consists of a ton of junk food and copious amounts of tea! Hope you had a great weekend x

myheartstumbles.blogspot.com

Chicca said...

Great,great,great selection!!!I've seen all of them and I must admit my favourite is Chocolat :)!
http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

a woman's right to shoes said...

This sounds like a perfect day! I would love to have one of those days soon =)Thanks for the tips.

annie@mostlovelythings said...

I hope you enjoyed your rainy day yesterday. What a fun thing to do and I agree...shower and wear clean PJ's!

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

Hmmm, you're making me rethink my move to a place where the sun almost always shines!

frockandrollonline.com said...

Oh my goodness, YES. It's positively POURING down in Sydney today, and now I know exactly what I'm going to do! Great tips! :)

Unknown said...

looove him!!!



xoxo from rome
K.
http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

Katie*Belle said...

I love this! And you're so right -- it has to be dreary outside for a day like this to be perfect.

Nikki said...

This is probably the best tutorial I've ever seen. Thanks for that.

audrey marie said...

sounds like the perfect day!!! i need one of these next weekend

k said...

this legitimately sounds like the BEST day ever.

SoapyMermaid said...

this sounds perfect. i love doing nothing. ;D

stylenuggets said...

Too right - I'll be flaking out on the couch this rainy,long weekend

Unknown said...

ha. I love these tips. will definitely follow them to a T next time, including watching chocolat ;)

xoxo

Unknown said...

WONDERFUL POST!
I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!! ^^

HI!my name's martina and I come from Italy... I'd like you visit my blog and if you want... follow me! I wait you and your tips!
kisses
marti
If you want take part to my giveaway!
Glamour Marmalade GIVEAWAY