Sunday, January 4, 2015

If Our Bodies Could Talk

When Joanna (from A Cup of Jo) revealed Dr. James Hamblin as her latest celebrity crush, I was a little confused.  I usually agree with her on just about any topic imaginable, but this confession had me like whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?  At first glance, he looks like a skinny socially-awkward adolescent.  After watching a couple of his videos, it not only confirmed my first impressions but also showed how he has managed to make a lucrative career out of that persona.  Kudos to him, but surely this doesn’t grant him eligibility as an object of our affection?  I happen to know that Joanna shares my fondness of facial hair and this fellow looks like he has never had reason to shave in his life.  There’s also the fact that he isn’t exactly a celebrity;  I mean, Joanna herself is arguably more well-known. Shouldn’t your celebrity crush be more famous that you?  Isn’t that the point? I didn’t get it. 

If our bodies could talk

Admittedly though, his video series If Our Bodies Could Talk is very, ve-ry entertaining.  I will warn you now that I binged watched the entire series, although if it should happen to you it won’t affect your life in the same way as say, Breaking Bad, given each video is only about 5 minutes duration.  Watch them… or my favourites at least:

tabless thursday

Tabless Thursday is a concept I have successfully introduced into my life.  Single tasking is the new multitasking.  I’m all about it.

things not to say to a pregnant woman

Things not to say to a pregnant woman.  This made me laugh out loud.  I didn’t say LOL because that doesn’t explain how I was actually laughing at my computer screen.  I was, for reals.

napping at work

The case for napping at work.  Do you love him yet?

sad desk lunch

A take on the sad desk lunch

skipping breakfast

Is breakfast the most important meal of the day?  Maybe, as outrageous as it sounds, breakfast is…just another meal.   It is weird how preachy people get about not skipping breakfast!

After the sixth or so video, you might begin to find Dr. James strangely endearing, although I can’t put my finger on why exactly.  Us ladies are complicated creatures.  I’m not saying I’m on that bandwagon completely, but I get it.  I get it now.

No comments: