Wednesday, September 26, 2012

NYC Nails

During this New York Fashion Week,  I didn’t follow the catwalk shows as closely as I usually do.  I found myself drawn into what was going on backstage.  For me, the hair, make-up and in particular, nail trends are always the best bits.  You can be inspired and imitate without it costing an absolute fortune.

So, for those of us who don’t have a fortune to spend:

nyc1

Sally Hansen for Prabal Guruing in Angel Bite

It’s weird that I find this appealing, not least because of all my blood-related phobias.  I love that its theatrical and macabre without being completely over-the-top.

nyc2

Revlon Top Speed nail enamel in Spirit, worn for the Rag & Bone show

White nails.  White goes with everything.  It’s the new black.  Was that too obvious?

nyc4

OPI for Jason Wu

Or maybe this is the new black: a colour I can only describe as off-black.  I love it!  This is OPI in Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees.  Wouldn’t you buy it for the name alone?

nyc3

Essie for Carolina Herrera

I never opt for a French manicure- it should be the ultimate in neutral sophistication but I think it always ends up with the white looking too white for an overall unnatural look.  This, to me is what a French manicure should look like: clean and simple.  You can achieve this by applying the white tip first, followed by two layers of Essie nail polish in Adore-A-Ball.  Wouldn’t this be the perfect wedding look?

More on pinterest, if you like.

12 comments:

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Love those top nails, so pretty x

Emma Henderson said...

I really love the first ones, too - I would make a right mess of it if I tried to imitate, though. Sadface.

Krystal said...

i agree with the french manicure thing, i can handle it on my toes but haven't even done it in so long!

Camila Faria said...

Loving that french manicure! You're right, it's so clean and simple!

little t said...

Oh I wouldn't dream of trying it myself Emma... but I'm thinking of taking this picture to the right manicurist!

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous manis!
Love the off-black!

xoxox,
CC

Erica said...

I'm all about those dark moody nails. Perfect for the season.

Leslie said...

The model at the top has such a pretty, natural bronzed look. Interesting what you say about a French manicure. I agree.. I'm going to try the essie color over white and see how it looks!

Ashley said...

I'm diggin the off black :)

Seriously Thelma, Galway is probably in my top 3 favorite places in the world. I totally fell in love with it when I was there. MOSTLY because the people are hilarious and fantastic. I felt like the Irish were always trying to pull one over on us ;) Is that how you are too??? hehe.

Diana Mieczan said...

I really like the look of that off-black colour. It looks very stylish. Happy day, sweetie

little t said...

The off-black is my favorite too!

Caro * said...

Beautiful post, love manucure :)